Jalebi is a sweet popular all over South Asia and the Middle East. It is made by deep-frying Maida flour batter in pretzel or circular shapes, which are then soaked in sugar syrup. Do you want to try this delicious sweet at home? Here is complete cooking method with a list of ingredients required:
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1.5 tablespoons chickpea flour
- Yellow food color 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 2 cups sugar
- Plain flour 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Red food color 1/2 teaspoon
- Water 1 cup
- 2 green cardamoms
How to Prepare Jalebi at Home?
- Start by adding 1 Cup of Water with 2 Green Cardamoms in a pot then add 2 Cups of Sugar and stir with spoon at medium flame.
- Let it cook till melt than cook more for about only 1 to 2 minutes until become thick. Now the Sugar Syrup for Jalebi is done.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of Yeast with 1 tablespoon of Sugar and 1/4 cup warm water in a bowl and mix all well before covering it.
- Leave it for about only 10 minutes till it turns to room temperature. Now add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Chickpea Flour with 1 1/2 Cup of Plain Flour and 1 teaspoon of Yellow Food Color.
- After that add 1/2 Teaspoon Red Food Color with 1 tablespoon of Ghee and Sugar, then mix again and add water.
- Make a normal thick batter using this mixture. We do not want it to be too thick or thin. Then cover it and wait till its temperature turns to room temperature.
- Finally preheat Ghee in a pan and put a nozzle on your pin ping bag before pouring the batter in it. Use it and make Jalebi.
- Fry well from each side and then dip it in sugar syrup and place it in a plate. Repeat this same process for other Jalebi.
- Serve yummy sweet Jalebi to your friends and family.