Ingredients for Balochi Biryani:
- 2 Chopped Potatoes
- 1/2 Kg Boiled Rice
- 2 Chopped Onions
- 1/2 Kg Mutton
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- Bay Leaf
- Kewra Water Few Drops
- Salt 1 Teaspoon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Black Salt 1 Teaspoon
- Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoon
- 2 Black Cardamoms
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- Black Pepper 1/2 Teaspoon
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Star Anise
- 6 Cloves
- Cinnamons 2
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 4 Chopped Green Chilies
- 4 Cups of Water
- Yogurt 1 Cup
- 1 Slice Tomato
- Yellow Food Color 1/4 Teaspoon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Coriander
- Mint 2 Tablespoons (Chopped)
How to Cook Balochi Biryani?
- Start by adding 2 Chopped Potatoes in a Pot after preheating 1/2 Cup of Oil in it. Fry Potatoes till the color turns light golden.
- Dish out and add a Chopped Onion and fry till golden brown.
- Dish out Half Onion and then add 4 Tablespoons of Water in the remaining Half Onion and stir.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Ginger Garlic Paste with 1/2 Teaspoon of Garam Masala and 1/2 Kg Mutton then mix well.
- Now Add 1 Tablespoon Coriander Powder with 1 Teaspoon of Salt, 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder, 1 Teaspoon Black Salt, 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder and then 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder.
- For 5 minutes stir at high flame and add 4 Cups of Water then stir again and close the lid.
- Cook for more 5 minutes at high flame then turn the flame to medium and cook again for 1 hour at medium to low flame.
- Add only Few Drops of Kewra Water in a Bowl with 1/4 Teaspoon of Yellow Food Color then 1 Cup of Yogurt. Mix all 3 ingredients well.
- Put this mixture aside.
- Take a Pot and add half from the mutton masala you prepared earlier.
- Boil 1/2 Kg Rice but add only half of them in the Pot of Mutton Masala then place a layer of 1/2 Garam Masala, Fry Potato, Onion, Green Coriander, Tomato and Green Chili.
- Make the second layer with remaining ingredients above the first in the same sequence and quantity.
- Now pour the Yogurt Mixture you prepared earlier and cook for about 5 minutes at high flame.
- Finally, cook for more 15 minutes and dish out. Your Balochi Biryani is ready.
Based on 1 Review(s)