Time required for Ras Gullay:
50 minutes approx.
- 1 kg milk
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- flour 2 tablespoons
- 2 cups of sugar
- water 3 cups
How to Prepare Ras Gullay?
- Heat the milk then add lemon juice and stir once it starts boiling. Cook for 5 minutes until the milk turn sour. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- During this time period add sugar and water in a pan then cook them and prepare treacle. Now pour all your sour milk in a muslin cloth and spill some water on the cloth.
- By doing this you can get rid of sour lemon taste from your milk. Now extract all the water by squeezing the muslin cloth
- Take a bowl adds cheese in it then add flour and mix them both with hands. Knead it for 7-8 minutes. For the next step make small balls.
- Make sure that there will be no cracks in balls otherwise it will spoil the entire recipe. Now add these balls in treacle then cover the lid and cook them at high heat.
- Finally cook them for more 5 minutes at low heat and remove them from treacle. Serve them after cooling down.
Based on 2 Review(s)