Time required for Malai Paya Hyderabadi:
50 minutes approx.
- Bakre ke paaye 8
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper powder ½ teaspoon
- 3 whole green chillies
- 1 ½ tablespoon sliced onion
- 50 grams almonds
- cashews 25 grams
- 25 grams pistachios
- clarified butter 4 – 5 tablespoons
- 3 cardamoms
- black cloves 3
- 2 tablespoons milk cream
How to prepare Malai Paya Hyderabadi?
- Add lamb trotters (bakre ka paye) in a pressure cooker then add 650ml water and 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste.
- After that, add 1 teaspoon of salt, 3 whole crushed green chillies and 1 ½ tablespoon of sliced onions then pressure cook on medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Now pressure cook for more 20-30 minutes at low flame till the trotters are tenderized. Keep these trotters aside.
- In this step grind altogether 50 gram almonds, 25 gram pistachios and 25 gram cashews in a very fine paste. Add 4-5 tablespoons of clarified butter in some other pan.
- Add 3 cardamoms, 3 black cloves and 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste then stir fry for about 30 seconds. It’s time to add ground masala paste.
- Keep on stir frying till the clarified butter separate itself. Now add the lamb trotters along with its water. Mix well and add half teaspoon salt, black pepper powder and 2 tablespoons milk cream.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Your Malai Paya is ready.