Time required for Basic Indian Chicken Curry:
40 minutes approx
- 1/4 cup of vegetable
- thin sliced 2 large onions
- 2 diced large tomatoes,
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- coriander powder 2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- red chili powder ½ teaspoon
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 kg pieces of chicken, skin removed (you can choose any pieces you want)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped for garnishing
How to prepare Basic Indian Chicken Curry?
- Use deep skillet to heat the oil at medium heat then fry onions until golden brown. After that remove the onions with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Turn off heat, keeping oil in the pan.
- Next step is to grind the onions and turn them into a smooth paste in a food processor. Remove to a bowl and leave it.
- Now repeat the same grinding process with the tomatoes, garlic and ginger pastes together into a food processor and turn them all into the smooth paste as well.
- Once again heat the oil in skillet and add the onion paste in it then fry it for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato paste and all the spices. Mix well. (Now this is your masala.)
- Fry the masala until the oil begins to separate from it then add the chicken to the masala and fry till brown. It will take about 8 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water to the chicken, simmer, and cover. Cook until you that the chicken is now tender. For this you have to cook it for about 15 minutes.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander and serve with hot chapattis or if you want you can also use boil rice with this instead of chapattis.