Time required for Aloo Matar Gobi:
40 minutes approx.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
- salt to taste
- 2 large or 3 medium-sized potatoes (peeled or unpeeled, washed and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- finely chopped 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 green chilies slit lengthwise
- 1 cup shelled peas
- chopped fresh coriander
How to prepare Delhi Matar Gajar Pulao?
- Wash rice then let them soak in 5 cups of water for half an hour. After that grind ginger and garlic then do thin slices of onions in length.
- Heat the oil in a large container and add bay leaves, cardamom, cloves and black cumin then in few seconds also add sliced onions. Fry them till they become golden brown.
- Now add grinded ginger and garlic and roast it for 2 minutes then add peas and carrot. After that cook for 2 minutes.
- Keep mixing the rice with the spoon and fry them for 4 minutes. Add 2.5 cup of water in these rice and let them boil. Keep the heat at high.
- In just few minutes cover the lid of container. Now turn the high heat to low and put the rice in 200 degree preheated oven for steam. Don’t remove the lid. It will be ready in 20-25 minutes.
- Your Dehli Matar Gajar Pulao is ready to go.
Aloo Matar Gobi
Based on 1 Review(s)