Time required: 30 minutes approx.
- a cup of flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger garlic paste
- 2/3 cup of fine chopped cabbage
- 2/3 cup of fine chopped onion
- 2/3 cup of grated tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of fine chopped coriander leaves
Way to prepare Vegetable Momos Snacks?
- Start by adding a cup of flour in the bowl then add a very little amount of water in it. Remember you need soft but stiff dough. Do not add any salt in it at this stage.
- Now take some oil and massage your dough with it until it’s get nicely coated with oil.
- After that, cover the dough and leave it for 15 minutes. Meanwhile heat a pan at medium heat then put 2 tablespoons of oil in it.
- Once the oil become hot add a tablespoon of fresh ginger garlic paste. Saute it until the raw smell of garlic is gone. Now add 2/3 cup of fine chopped cabbage, 2/3 cup fine chopped onions and 2/3 cup of grated tofu.
- After that, Mix it very well and then add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and a little bit of salt.
- Now add 3 tablespoons of fine chopped coriander leaves then mix it. Now put it in a bowl and let it get cold. When stuffing become cold enough grease a tray with oil.
- After that, knead the dough a little bit for one more time and divide it into pieces then take one piece and dip in the dry flour.
- Now dust of the extra flour and roll it towards circles. Make sure that you roll it very gently towards the edges. It should thick at the center and thin towards the edges.
- Now when it’s done let’s start shaping it. For that take it in your hand and put some filling in the center. Now pinch it then fold it. You have to pinch, fold and rotate it anti clockwise and make the plates. Keep pulling the filling with the thumb of your other hand until it gets done. Leave a little opening on the left side.
- Finally boil some water in any steamer you have then steam your momos on it for 12-15 minutes. After 15 minutes switch of the steamer leave the momos inside for 5 minutes in slightly open steamer.
- And here it is your Momos are ready to serve.