Time required for Shahi Chicken:
60 minutes approx.
Ingredients for Shahi Chicken:
- ½ kg chicken
- 2 tablespoons of crushed ginger garlic
- 1 cup crushed onion
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ cup of almonds
- 8-10 fox nuts (phul makhanay)
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4-6 tablespoons of cooking oil
Way to prepare Shahi Chicken?
- Marinate the chicken with salt, ginger garlic, turmeric and red chilli powder. Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan and fry crushed onion in it till it becomes golden.
- Once the onions are golden then roast the marinate chicken in it. Add half cup of water in meat and cook it at medium heat until it becomes soft.
- Now wash some poppy seeds with water then spread the wet poppy seeds to let them dry and crush them with 4-6 almonds to make a paste.
- Add this paste of poppy seeds and almonds when the water in the chicken is about to dry then add the cream.
- After that, leave it for 3-4 minutes at low heat. Cut the green chillies in slices then add them with almonds, fox nuts in butter and fry till the green chillies becomes golden.
- Put all these things in the chicken and turn off the stove. Your Shahi Chicken is all set.