- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
- Red onion, sliced – 1
- Eggs – 4
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- ½ tsp Gregg’s Ground Smoked Paprika
- 1 cup Wattie’s Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes
- 420g can Wattie’s Salsa Chilli Beans Medium
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled (if desired)
How to Prepare Cafe Style Baked Eggs and Beans?
- First of all, heat oil in a lidded frying pan. Add onion and capsicums and cook over a low heat until onions and capsicums are soft.
- Add Gregg’s Ground Smoked Paprika and cook for a further 1 minute. Pour over Wattie’s Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes and add Wattie’s Chilli Beans.
- Stir while bringing sauce up to the boil. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, to allow the sauce to reduce by about 1/3.
- Now, break the eggs over the beans and sauce. Cover. Reduce the heat and continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes until the whites are firm.
- The yolks should still be runny. Scatter over chopped parsley and feta if wished before serving with crusty bread or toast on the side.