Time required: half an hour approx.
Take following ingredients to prepare this:
- 750 g fresh asparagus
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 liter stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 125 g cream cheese
- Salt as per need
- Pepper as per need
Way to prepare Asparagus and Cheese Soup?
- To prepare this dish, first of all place the oil and onion in a microwaveable dish. Cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes at 750 W.
- Cut off the asparagus tips and set aside.
- Cut the asparagus spears into 5 cm slices, making sure you discard the woody end, and combine with the onion.
- Cook uncovered for 5 minutes at 750 W. Add the stock, cover, and cook for a further 15-20 minutes at 500 W, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the cream cheese and blend until you are left with a smooth creamy mixture. Add the asparagus tips. Now, heat this at 750 W for 5-6 minutes.
- You can use salt and pepper, as per taste.
- The dish is ready to serve.