One of the most well-known dishes in Pakistan, Lahori Chargha is unique with its look, style and fragrance. A whole chicken is marinated and fried in a unique style. It is famous in all over the world. Here is the complete list of ingredients needed for Lahori Khaby and cooking method; try these instructions to enjoy a wonderful dish at home.
Ingredients for Lahori Chargha:
Chicken: 1.5 to 2 KG in weight
To Marinate Chicken:
- Kashmiri chili powder: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tbsp
- Mace: 1 inch slice
- Nutmeg: 1 inch slice
- Black pepper: tbsp
- Coriander Powder: ½ tbsp
- Cumin Powder: ½ tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder: 1tbsp
- Turmeric Powder: ½ tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp
- 4-5 Green Peppers
- Yellow Food Color: 1 tbsp
- 2 Lemon
- 1 egg
- Corn floor: ½ cup
- Yogurt: ½ cup
To Fry the Chicken:
- Oil: 5-6 Cups
How to Cook Lahore Chargha?
- Take well cleaned whole chicken.
- Make ginger, garlic and green pepper paste, and then mix all the other ingredients in it; prepare a paste to marinate whole chicken.
- Deep Cut the chicken and marinate it.
- After marinating the chicken, keep it in the fridge for 3 hours (for better results, keep it for 12 hours).
- Take it out from the fridge after the given time.
- Put 3-4 cup water in a pan and steam the chicken for 40 minutes.
- After steaming it, take it out from the pan and leave for 10 minutes in the open air.
- Now heat the oil and fry the chicken well.
- Your Lahori Chargha is ready; garnish with onion, peeper and tomato.
- Enjoy with your family and friends.