Chicken Biryani can be prepared in different ways. This dish is especially popular throughout the Indian subcontinent, as well as among the diaspora from the region. Chicken and Rice, these two serve as the main ingredients in Chicken Biryani. It can be prepared for lunch and dinner. Here is the list of ingredients and cooking method for chicken biryani. Let’s try this delicious dish.
- Cooking Time:
- Serving: 3-4 Persons
Ingredients for Chicken Biryani:
- Rice: 1kg
- Chicken: 1kg
- Yogurt: 1 cup
- Onion: 3 onions sliced
- Chilies: 5-6
- Lemon: 1 sliced
- Ginger Sliced: 1 inch piece sliced
- Tomato Paste: ½ Cup
- Tamarind and Plum mixture: 3 tbsp
- Water: as required
- Oil: 1 Cup
- Salt: ½ tbsp
- Turmeric: 1 tbsp
- Yellow Food Color: 1 tbsp
Chicken Biryani Cooking Method:
- Fry Onion and Chilies in a pan and keep them aside.
- Fry chicken and add spices, ginger garlic paste in pan
- Add Tamarind and Plum mixture in frying chicken
- Add Yogurt in frying chicken
- Add tomato paste in chicken and mix it well; keeping it on heat.
- Boil rice till 2/3 boiled.
- Grease the pan with oil, make layer of chicken and rice.
- Sprinkle fried onion, green spices and food color.
- Tasty biryani is ready, dish it and serve.