Time required for Shahi Aloo Dum:
55 minutes approx.
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- jeera ½ teaspoon
- crushed cashewnuts 3 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon besan
- fennel powder 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- red chili 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- cumin powder ½ teaspoon
- haldi ½ teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon clove powder
- kasoori methi ¼ teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup dahi
- 25 baby Potatoes (boiled, peeled, pricked)
- 1 teaspoon green chilli
- Start by boiling 25 baby potatoes in a pressure cooker then peel them and prick them with the help of fork 2-3 times.
- Now heat a pan and add 2-3 tablespoons of mustard oil and keep heating the oil until it starts smoking. After that, low the flame add ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Add 1 teaspoon of green chilli, 3 tablespoons of crushed cashewnuts, 1 tablespoon of basin and 1 teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds.
- In step no 3 add ½ teaspoon of garam masala, ¼ teaspoon of kasoori methi, ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds ¼ teaspoon of clove powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/8 teaspoon asafetida and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Slowly stir and roast for about 2-3 minutes then add 1 chopped tomato. Cook until mushy then add ½ cup of yogurt. Keep mixing at low flame until the oil starts separating.
- Now add potatoes and stir fry with the masala for about 3-4 minutes then add water to make water gravy and cook on medium heat.
- Finally, once gravy starts boiling cover the lid and cook at low heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Your Shahi Aloo Dum is ready.