Time required for Madrasi Chicken Aloo:
35 minutes approx.
- chicken 1 kg
- 1 tomato
- a piece of ginger
- salt to taste
- 1 grind coconut
- potatoes 1 kg
- onion 1
- 4 jaway garlic
- 10 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 black cardamom
- a cup of oil
- 5 cloves
- 3 small pieces cinnamon
How to prepare Madrasi Chicken Aloo?
- Wash the chicken and slice it into small pieces. Cut onions, green chilli, tomato, ginger and garlic into small square pieces.
- Mix all these ingredients into a bowl then add chicken and leave it for some time. Cut potatoes into small pieces then add 1 glass of water into the grind coconut and leave it.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan then cut thin slices of onions and fry them until the onions become golden brown. After that add bay leaves, cardamom, clove and cinnamon then add the chicken you mix in spices before and roast it.
- Add some water and leave it until it become soft. Later add potatoes once the potatoes and chicken becomes soft add grinded coconut as well. Finally cook it until the gravy become thick.
- Use sliced ginger, grinded coconut and green chilli for garnishing.
- Your Madrasi Chicken Aloo is ready.