Time required for Masala Kheema:
25 minutes approx.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- medium 2 onions finely chopped
- garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- garam masala 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- ground beef 1 pound
- finely chopped tomatoes 2 medium
- ½ lime (or lemon, juiced)
- fresh cilantro leaves chopped
How to prepare Indian Masala Kheema?
(Dry Spicy Minced Meat)
- Start by heating the cooking oil in a wok or deep pan at medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute or until the seeds stop spluttering.
- Now add the onions and sauté them for about 5 minutes till they turn a pale golden color. Add the garlic and ginger pastes and fry for 1 minute. It will help you to get rid of the raw fragrance.
- Add the coriander, cumin, garam masala, and salt according to your taste and sauté. Keep stirring it with spoon almost continuously, until the oil begins to separate from the masala.
- Add the meat in masala and sauté until browned. Keep stirring it with spoon for about 5-7 minutes otherwise it will burn.
- Add the tomatoes then stir and cook until they are soft. Turn off the heat, add the lime or lemon juice, and stir to mix well.
- Finally garnish it with the chopped coriander leaves.
- Your Indian Masala Kheema is ready.