Time required for Hyderabadi Kabuli Biryani:
25 minutes approx.
- 1 cup chanay ki daal
- 3 cups of rice
- 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder
- 1 cup of beaten yogurt
- turmeric 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons of ginger garlic paste
- sliced 4 onions
- 1 cup mint and parsley
- 4 green chillies
- 2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- oil 1 cup
- 1 cup milk
- some sabut garam masala
How to prepare Hyderabadi Kabuli Biryani?
- Began by leaving the chanay ki daal in water for soaking until it become soft but make sure that each grain of daal remains separate from the other one, once done put the daal out in an open dish.
- Add salt and red chilli powder in yogurt then beat it. Golden fry onions in warm oil and leave some onions for garnishing. Now add the daal in the onions that are still in oil and sauté fry them for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger then roast it until the fragrance comes out. Now add turmeric powder, yogurt, 2 green chillies, mint and a little bit of coriander then cook for 5 minutes and remove it from the stove.
- Add salt and sabut garam masala then boil half of the rice. Take little bit of oil in a bowl and make a sheet of the ¾ rice on it. Now sprinkle some garam masala, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, some parsley and mint. After that add remaining ¼ of rice, mint, parsley, garam masala powder and 2 green chillies.
- Finally add milk and leave it for steam.
- Your Hyderabadi Kabuli Biryani is ready to go.